Making the Call
It's not possible to set up all of the equipment and the screen in a short amount of time which forces us to make the decision whether or not to proceed earlier than is ideal. If we did set up the equipment and it started to rain an hour before the film or, worse yet, during the film we would have to cancel the event entirely. By moving the film inside at least some of our guests were able to see the scheduled film. We apologize to those turned away after we reached our capacity for American Graffiti. We are going to explore a variety of options to make as many people happy as possible should this happen again.
We've discussed this scenario endlessly and there is no perfect solution except for perfectly accurate weather forecasting or clear skies. Let's all cross our fingers and hope for a beautiful night for our next Drive-In – featuring O Brother, Where Art Thou? – on August 20.
- Dave Filipi, Film/Video Curator