Have any questions? Call us.
Melissa Starker, Creative Content & PR Manager
Mon, Nov 28, 2016
Attention, Central Ohio artists: As the Wex moves into the final stretch of Leap Before You Look, an exhibition highlighting the impact of Black Mountain College on generations of contemporary artists, we'd like to see how the artists of the small North Carolina school have impacted you. For the Make the Leap challenge, we're asking you to create something new in the Black Mountain College legacy, to be reviewed by a jury of Columbus arts professionals for a chance to win a year's membership to the Wex or a gift card to the Wexner Center Store. Ready to get started?
How it works.
• See Leap Before You Look: Black Mountain College 1933-1957.
• Follow @wexarts on Instagram.
• Make something inspired by your visit. It can be visual art or crafts, a musical riff, poem or mini narrative, a film, performance or movement piece - whatever can be shared in an image or 60 seconds of video. Remember, the teachers and students of Black Mountain College did a lot with a little. The piece doesn't need to be elaborate or work-intensive, and it should reflect your specific inspiration in some way.
• Post your work on Instagram. Comment with the title and the artist(s) or work(s) that inspired you. Tag it with @wexarts and #maketheleap to make your entry official.
• Do it by midnight on Wednesday, December 28.
• Our jury will choose a winner and we'll share it on Tuesday, January 3.
• The winning artist will receive a $75 (Friend) membership to the Wex for 2017 or a $75 gift card to the Wexner Center Store.
Erica Anderson, Director of Creative Services, Wexner Center for the Arts
Chet Domitz, Registrar and Art Consultant, Hammond Harkins Galleries
Kelly Malec-Kosak, Artist and Chair of Fine Arts, Columbus College of Art & Design
Nick Stull, Artist and Preparator, Wexner Center for the Arts
The rules: Valid Nov. 29-Dec. 28, 2016. No purchase necessary. Entrants must be 16 years of age or older. Entries must be works created on or after September 17, 2016. Limit 3 entries per person. Employees of the Wexner Center for the Arts and their families are not eligible. The Wexner Center reserves the right to share images of entries in marketing materials, including website and social media channels. Instagram entries must be tagged with "@wexarts" and "#maketheleap" to be considered. Non-Instagram method of entry is available; email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.